Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Week 5: Jim didn't throw the cup after all

Overall, week 5 was a good week for us. We went a combined 13-7, our first over .500 week in quite awhile. Koontz had an undefeated week going 5-0, and has crept up to the top of the standings, while Kevin and I went 3-2 and Jim brought up the rear going 2-3. As for myself, I was happy with the results this week other than Ohio failing to cover by a half a point.

Now I know last week we had some JoePa comments, and after the events that took place during Saturday's game and the surgery that ensued, it's good to know that he is in fact alive. On a serious note, glad to hear the surgery went well. Jim and I were at the game, and neither of us saw the play that caused the injury or JoePa getting carted off the field. However, I saw the hit on TV and it didn't look good. Also, Juice Williams got hurt this weekend as did heisman hopeful John Stocco. I'm starting to think this blog has the famous "Madden jinx." If we talk about you, you will probably get hurt. Just something to think about. Anyways, here are the overall standings after week 5.

Standings after week 5 (as of November 7, 2006)
Jim: 13-12
Me: 13-12
Koontz: 8-7
Kevin: 10-14-1
Mike: 0-4

Check back Thursday for this week's picks.

No comments: