Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Where the hell are they now?

I must start off by saying that this post has been inspired by Kevin's latest post "What the hell is that on your face?," and if you haven't read it already, please do so. Now I'm sure that the majority of us have seen shows like VH1's 100 Greatest Teen Stars and E!'s True Hollywood Stories, well this is my very own version of those, a spin-off if you will, which I cleverly named "Where the hell are they now?" If you're anything like me, you have found yourself wondering where your favorite childhood television personalities are in 2006 on many occasions. To end the wonderment and personal anguish, I have compiled a list of 3 tv personalities of the past 22 years (how long I've been alive), who I find myself wondering, "Where the hell are they now?" So without further ado...the countdown from 3 to 1.

3. Bret "The Hitman" Hart
If you're wondering why I chose "The Hitman" over his other nicknames ("The Excellence of Execution" and "The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be"), it's because "The Hitman" fits better and rolls off the tongue. If you aren't sure who Bret Hart is, he was a famous pro wrestler during the 1990's, a major heart-throb, and his signature move "The Sharpshooter" was no laughing matter. He was a Canadian Idol, which is evident by this Bret Hart Commercial...lucky kid.


Where the hell is he now?
Well first off, I found out that Bret was born and now lives in Canada, which must be shitty. Moreover, his life has been filled with tragedy. His brother Owen Hart, who was also a pro wrestler, died after a failed ring stunt in 1999. Then in 2002, Bret himself suffered a stroke after a bicycle accident. The Calgary Herald reported that Hart hit a pothole, flew over the handbars of the bike and landed on the back of his head. Hart suffered partial paralysis after the stroke, which required months of physical therapy. Good news is he has since recovered much of his mobility and is in good health, although he still suffers from an emotional imbalance. Not good times. But not all is bad as he was chosen as one of the Greatest Canadians, coming in at #39 in 2004, got a hockey team named after him (Calgary Hitmen), and was inducted to the WCW Hall of Fame earlier this year. As I said, he currently lives in Canada, writes a column for the Calgary Sun newspaper, and is working on an autobiography which he says "is all but finished...I just need a title." Put that in your book.

2. Andrea Barber
Who the hell is Andrea Barber? Here's a hint: Who was DJ Tanner's best friend in Full House? If you said Kimmy Gibbler, you are correct. Hopefully Bruce Grady reads this because he would be happy to see a Full House character mentioned on my blog after the hours and hours spent watching the show. Also, until doing a little research, I had no idea how to spell Uncle Jesse's last name...it's Katsopolis. I knew how to pronounce it obviously, but if someone wanted me to spell it in say a spelling bee, I would've lost. One more interesting fact before I move on, Kimmy was featured in 112 of 192 episodes of Full House, good stuff. The clip I have of Kimmy is from a Full House episode in which she got drunk: Kimmy Gibbler getting drunk.


Where the hell is she now?
First off I have to say she looks a lot better now than she ever did on Full House. From the looks of it, she is married, has a kid named Tate, and lives in England. She is currently pursuing a Master's degree in women's studies at the University of York, and I could totally see her as a women's studies type person too. Hope that works out for you Kimmy Gibbler.

1. Thomas Wilson
Once again, who the hell is Thomas Wilson? Look at the picture...it's none other than Back to the Future's Biff Tannen. I was a huge Back to the Future fan, but oddly enough, never a Biff Tannen fan. He was a douche in the movies, and I'm not one to judge, but who knows if that's changed now days?


Where the hell is he now?
Thomas Wilson aka Biff Tannen is now a self-proclaimed musical artist, actor, comedian, writer, speaker, and man of faith. Apparently, he's a lot of things to a lot of people. But to me, he will never be Thomas Wilson the comedian, he will remain Biff Tannen the douche from Back to the Future until the day I die. I found a video of him singing the Question Song. Also, be sure to check out his offical website www.tomwilsonusa.com or even make friends with him on Myspace...www.myspace.com/tomwilsonusa.

Before I end this, I have to post something Christmas oriented to keep the holiday spirit alive. Seeing as how my favorite Christmas movie of all time is 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, I went in search of anything pertaining to this fine story. This is what I found...'Twas the Night Before Christmas by Larry the Cable Guy.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off I must say, EXCELLENT BLOG. I enjoyed it very much. Kimmie does look better now and why does Donna Jo and Step need to be such bitches. She is drunk good for her. Jodie and Candice are both really hot now and I would like to bang them hard. Candice Cameron is married to a hockey player, which one I forger but he is good, ill leave it at that.

PS- "Those boards dont work on water" - Biff

- YOur pal Kevin

Anonymous said...

"Those boards don't work on water" was actually not said by Biff. Kevin get your facts right, in fact it wasn't even said by Griff. It was said by one of Griff's cronies. Anyway I really enjoy Back to the Future and Back to the Future II, they are truly American Classics as I like to say. I love Canada. Be-be-beef or pork.

"Why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here." - Biff Tannen

Anonymous said...

why do u only say merry christmas...thats not very pc...what if some of us don't believe the hebrews crucified christ and he was the son of god...or maybe u can continue to be a mel gibson fan...that is ur choice...but then ur just a prick..